Date of Enrolment
October 1, 2015
I completed my Master’s degree in July 2013 at the University of Tsukuba, Japan, where I majored in Environmental Sciences with a special focus on waste management. I focused my research on the problem of solid waste management in Jordan. In addition to my Master’s degree certificate, I hold three additional educational certificates: Environmental Diplomatic Leader EDL Educational Program, Japan Global 30 Waste Management Expert Course, and International Collaborative Environmental Program (ICEP). All three were obtained from the University of Tsukuba.
Environmental Impact Assessment of Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE).
EEE, WEEE, Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Material Flow Analysis (MFA), Substance Flow Analysis (SFA), Developing Countries, Environmental policies
- WEEE Management and Recycling
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Material and Substance Flow Analysis
- Ikhlayel, M. 2016. Differences of methods to estimate generation of waste electrical and electronic equipment for developing countries: Jordan as a case study. Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 108, 134-139. Available at http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2016.01.015
- Ikhlayel, M., Higano, Y., Yabar, H. & Mizunoya, T. 2016. Introducing an Integrated Municipal Solid Waste Management System: Assessment in Jordan. Journal of Sustainable Development, 9, 43. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/jsd.v9n2p43
- October 5, 2015: Presented at the 15th INTERNATIONAL WASTE MANAGEMENT AND LANDFILL SYMPOSIUM Forte Village S. Margherita di Pula, Cagliari, Italy 5-9 October 2015. www.sardiniasymposium.it
- October 2015 - July 2, 2013 – July 4, 2013: Research presentation and proceeding paper on the Pacific Regional Science Conference (PRSCO) 2013, Bandung, Indonesia. Paper: Proposal for a Sustainable and Integrated Municipal Solid Waste Management System in Amman, Jordan, Based on the Life Cycle Assessment Method.
- November 20, 2012 - November 23, 2012: Proceeding paper and poster presentation on the EcoBalance 2012, International Conference and Symposium on Life Cycle Impact Assessment. Yokohama, Japan. Paper: Towards Sustainable Municipal Solid Waste Management in Jordan: A life cycle assessment study.
- August 10, 2012: Presented at the International Seminar of Hue University of Agriculture and Forestry. Hue, Vietnam.
- October 8, 2012: Presentation and proceeding papers at the Annual Conference of the Regional Science Association of Japan (JSRSAI). Paper: Towards Sustainable Municipal Solid Waste Management in Jordan: A life cycle assessment study.
Research award (2013): Awarded the Outstanding Presentation through the Japan Section of the Regional Science Association International (JSRSAI). Received the award through the “Fifth Selection Committee for presentations awards” for the research contribution as an accomplished young scientist to advancing the progress of regional science and the development of the association. (The 49th Annual Conference of the Regional Science Association of Japan).
- 2015: International Waste Working Group (IWWG)
- 2012: The Japan Section of Regional Science Association International (JSRSAI).
- 2006: Institute of Electronics and Electrical Engineering, IEEE.
- 2007: Jordan Engineers Association (JEA).